A beautiful, and very large, garden this week and I've been asked to build a "Mark" greenhouse right in the middle of some really nice established beds - it was a tight squeeze getting the materials and mixer in among the plants.
It's hard to imagine how it's going to look when you just lay the battens on such uneven ground. There were many tonnes of soil to remove from inside to get everything down to a level point - thankfully the soil was quite easy to dig out and the ground was solid with a decent amount of clay to build the foundations up on.
There was so much rain on the 3rd or 4th day starting at around 2pm and going right through to 9:30 when I finished for the day. I managed to carry on working by digging out and laying foundations for the internal wall and cold frames outside. Finding a large tree root took some of the time too.
A few infill cuts to make to complete the floor and then brush in kiln dried sand to lock it all together. I'll do that when I return in a few weeks to build the greenhouse structure.
Click on each